Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dinner Blahs!!

It is no secret, I do not LOVE to cook (bake yes, cook no!!!) I strongly dislike the whole process.
Thinking of something that 6 people will all like, thinking ahead and shopping for all items to make such meal, spending an extended period of time in the kitchen trying to make such dish hoping it will turn out ( while helping with homework, breaking up arguments, yadayada!) Get everyone rounded up to to the table to eat this delicious meal only to find out at least a couple of them would rather die than eat it (mind you they were dying of starvation just 10 minutes prior to dinner!) Then the fun task of cleaning up!! Then repeat x's infinity, the joy.

Today I had no brilliant dinner plans so I enlisted the help of the youngest.

Mom: Keat what do you think we should have for dinner today?
Keat: Pizza
Mom: I don't think so
Keat: macaroni and cheese
Mom: no try again
Keat: soup?
Mom: No sorry
Keat: I KNOW, ice cream!!
Mom: thats a great idea, do you want cookies or cake with it?
Keat: Cake!!
Mom: all right you got it!!
A few minutes later...
Keat: Mom are you being serious?
Mom: sure why not?
Keat: YES!!! then we can have dinner for dessert.
Mom: works for me, don't tell anybody it will be our secret!

Hey you only live once and its always good to change it up a little right? The funniest thing is 1 of the kids actually didn't want their Ice cream. Seriously!! Cant win?

6 comments:

Naughty Newbee's said...

I am so with you on that one Elisha! Kids are so dang picky and I have the same trouble. By the way, I am really going to call you. Sorry, it has been crazy around here. I have had sick kids for the past two weeks so it has been a little hectic!!

Michelle said...

You are so funny! What a fun surprise for dinner. My mom would do that for breakfast once a year as a fun thing to look forward to. Sometimes for dessert she would let us pick out a sugar cereal and have a bowl of it!! You're such a fun mom and whew the relief of not having to cook and clean all night. & yes I can't wait to see all your answers from the questionaire!

Anonymous said...

OH, a lady after my own heart...I HATE cooking! So not worth it for the time invested and the short consumption time and the huge mess...and my best efforts always taste like crap anyway!! Way to go having ice creams for dinner! How fun, I maybe will do that when my kids are older, but not now, they seriously would want it EVERY night..they don't understand the "once in a lifetime" thing!!

Nikki said...

Please don't let Keaton tell Karina that happened!!, but I love it!
A week and a half ago - Karina had a pinata for her birthday. There were "sticky candies" in it.
She held one up and said, "mom, can I eat this?"
yea
"Well, Keaton can't eat these sticky candies cause he looose-d like five tooths"
wow, Bub, we better brush your teeth right after then.
I am glad that your son is a positive influence on my daughter!

becki said...

That is so funny! I hope I will be a good/fun mom like you.

Linda Bennett said...

One year we our church time was from 3:00 to 6:00. We had our meal before church and then came home every week and had ice cream and popcorn for dinner. Now that my kids are adults~ they still remember that. (And it didn't kill them obviously)

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!