Sunday, September 28, 2008

Spiritually fed.

I'm not sure if it's just me or if others suffer from this syndrome? It's the "I know it's good for me so I fight it syndrome". Pretty much anything that is good for me physically or spiritually I find some way to turn it in to an inner battle of wills. I really do love working out but if I get of my routine even briefly then it's a power struggle to get it together again. Worse yet, I often do this with church meetings. WHY?? I know from experience it's always worth the sacrifice of going. I had been looking forward to the relief society broadcast for weeks. The closer it got, the more I started to talk myself out of going, making up silly excuses. So Saturday night comes and I had almost resolved myself to not going (I'm pretty sure I broke my toe like an hour before it was time to leave)! About 10 minutes till the time I should be leaving, I pried myself off the couch, put on a dress and headed out not necessarily in the right frame of mind.

What a huge payoff!! Every talk was exactly what I needed to hear. Sister Beck's talk and testimony really touched me. It was a great reminder of our responsibility and duty as women to step up our game and do all that we can to increase our faith and righteousness, strengthen our home and family, and serve the lord and his children.
I could truly listen to President Uchtdorf speak every day. He taught us that the anecdote for discouragement, inadequecy, and weariness is creating and compassion. He reminded us that we are treasured daughters of our Heavenly Father with infinite worth. While listening to his words I honestly felt this. I felt the love of my Heavenly Father through President Uchtdorf's words and am so thankful I took the time to listen. I am thankful for a living prophet that loves us , and teaches us, who through Heavenly Father is teaching us what we need to do to have ETERNAL happiness. I cannot wait to hear their words next weekend during General Conference.

No comments:

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!