Monday, January 9, 2012

December 2011

SOME of the highlights for the month of December include...

My first child (Braydon) got his drivers license (heaven help us!!!)-
Its bitter sweet. I love the fact that they are growing up to be these amazing people but at the same time each little mile stone makes them a little closer to growing up and leaving the nest which I don't want to even think about!!!
Kileys first dance recital at Centennial HS. It was so fun to go watch the girls perform! There was such a fun variety of music, fun costumes, dances and plenty of adorable girls!!! I'm looking forward to many more in the years to come.
We hosted a baby shower for Jenny Perkins (my niece in law). So fun, I always love a good baby shower with all the tiny, adorable baby things!! We can't wait to get our hands on that sweet little baby (only a couple more weeks)!
We welcomed a new niece and cousin (#26). My youngest sister Becki had a beautiful, perfect baby girl, Dempsey. We had to wait almost 2 weeks to get our hands on her but once we finally did we hardly put her down. We had to fight Kiley to get our turns though, grrrr!!!We had our friends the Mcleods over for dinner and games!! Always a good time!!

Malerie went to her first junior high dance and had a great time!!!

A personal favorite for me was my friend Krysta and 2 of her kids coming to visit from Oklahoma for the weekend!! We love their family so much and had a great time with them. We went to the Stake Christmas presentation, church, had a fun Sunday dinner, her and I went on a hike up Thunderbird for old times sake, we went to Bj's for lunch with a friend, we went to see the new Sherlock movie (which was awesome!!!!) and drove over to see the new temple site!!! Not bad for a quick short weekend!!!

The rest of the week was spent in a frenzy finishing up last minute Christmas preparations, you gotta love it!!!

CHRISTMAS EVE
I was determined to be ready and rested for Christmas this year and I think this is closest I have yet to come. Christmas Eve morning Eric and I and the boys went for a hike at Thunderbird. When we were coming down the back side I gave the boys the go ahead that we could run and that's all it took, they both were gone!!! I caught up to Braydon but Keat left us all in the dust!! He isn't familiar with the trails so he just kept going making a second loop. Eric had to chase him down. The kid is a machine!!!
We spent the rest of the afternoon just relaxing (Eric and I were relaxed, the kids were just anxious to get the show on the road!!!) Keeping with tradition we picked up our usual order of mexican food from Mixteca, our 4 bottles of Martinellis (one for each kid) and a few other little things. We set our little spread out downstairs, the kids opened their traditional Christmas pjs and threw them on and we settled in to watch our favorite Christmas Story!! Good times, just how we like it!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how i wish i have a great father like you

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!