Monday, December 8, 2008

Black Friday Addict

Yes I have a problem, yes I can admit it , and No I have absolutely no intentions of seeking help!!!
I really can't explain what the attraction is for me. It is definitely NOT the crowds, or rarely the "GREAT" deals, or standing in ridiculous lines. It makes no sense whatsoever, but I do love Black Friday shopping. I think for me it is just the tradition of it and I HATE breaking tradition.

This year was a little different with so many stores opening at midnight. So after getting home from the movies Thursday night, I tucked Eric and the kids in and headed up to Toys R Us to get in line (around 11pm). There wasn't a single thing in any of the ads I had to have this year and I vowed to myself not to buy anything that wasn't on my list (No buying something because it was a great deal or because I got up at the crack of dawn so I might as well to make it worth the trouble!) I got in line and waited for Stacey and Rachelle to show up. We worked some team work and charm magic and made it out in 40 minutes which was a miracle considering they had a whopping TWO checkers for a couple hundred customers!!! What the heck were they thinking seriously are times so tough they couldn't afford more then TWO checkers!!
After that we headed to the mall to Aeropostale but got lucky when we found that their were quite a few stores already open. We wandered for a bit till Rachelle and Sydney decided they were to tired to go any further. Stacey ran them home while I hung with Jessica and Janey at B&b works. When Stacey got back we headed to Denny's for a gourmet breakfast. By the time we were done it was about 3:30 am. My original intentions were to be gone for a couple hours but surprisingly I wasn't all that tired yet! We all headed for home but at the last minute I decided to swing by Super Walmart by my house, another group of friends were meeting up there at 4:15 am. Why not? It was really surprisingly quiet, I found a couple things on my list pad for them and put them in my car about the time Jen and her crew go there. I will forever have the image of Jen being buried in a pile of psycho people physically fighting over Xbox systems burned in to my brain. I really didn't know whether to laugh or call 911 because I didn't think she was getting up!! After Walmart we all headed to Target and about half way through that store I finally lost steam and called it quits. I was a little sad not to finish it out but I did pretty good! I climbed in to bed about 8:30 am for a power nap.

I slept for a few hours then got up to get ready to go to dinner at Russ's house. Cecil, Linda and the four brothers and spouses (future spouse) and Jens parents and siblings enjoyed one of the best Mexican food dinners I have ever had! It was fun getting to know Jen's family, Russ won't have any problem feeling at home with them. It was like the two families were cut from the same mold and it made it even better that they knew each other from the past!

2 comments:

Linda Bennett said...

I'm SO glad that I'm on your friend list for girls night out for movies and cheesecake, trips to LA to see Broadway plays, and lunch dates and NOT on your list of friends to go shopping on Black Friday. I did it one time and hated it. I have heard, however, that if you do it with experts, its more fun. I hope never to find out.

Michelle said...

I can't believe you were up until 8:30 and went to all those stores! I've never gone, but really wanted to this year, it just didn't work out. Each year it sounds like it gets crazier and crazier. You never know when someone will get trampled or shot. Glad Jen got her xbox though! Next year I may have to go with ya.

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!