Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving Festivities

(I really stink at this journal keeping business, always a day late and dollar short!)

As an adult you would think I would have better coping mechanisms and realistic expectations but alas I don't. I still really cling to child like ideals of what I "think" or "wish" the holidays were still like. I haven't figured out how to not let life's challenges and struggles cloud my enjoyment of them. They come and go so fast I feel like we don't get the full value out of the time and energy we put in to trying to make them special. I hope before the kids are out of the house I will have figured this little challenge out and just learn to enjoy the moment and just take each year as it comes! and know that it will never be perfect.

With that being said this year was special with wedding excitement. It kind of helped to draw out the holiday magic a little longer. Thanksgiving morning we spent at home peacefully getting ready and puttering around the house. We headed over to have dinner at Uncle Tom and Lorna"s house early afternoonish. Most of the Arizona Thacker clan was there along with the Perkins portion! One of my favorite parts of the holidays is having lots of family around. I really enjoy watching all the cousins having fun together.The boys (Dallas, Dylan, Matt, Mason, Braydon & Eric played basketball) The girls (Kiley, Kelsey, Malerie, Megan, & Kamryn) jumped on the tramp and ran around doing what girls do?? Keaton, Max and Miles just tagged. It was nice to see cousins from out of town. We enjoyed a fabulous feast that could have fed a small army, and some of us ate waaay to much (it wasn't me!) Right before we were ready to eat we got a huge rain storm, followed by some wicked hale. After dinner when we were all to fat to move we just lounged around and visited for a while. It was a nice afternoon with family. Thanks to Tom and Lorna for hosting, it's always more enjoyable when the mess isn't at your house!

Later on that evening Eric and I, along with Darin, Carey, Russ, and Jen snuck out to see 4 Christmas's, it was a good laugh. Every year I vow to be better about taking pictures on Thanksgiving and every year I drop the ball. It seems I'm to distracted to remember!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a busy week for you guys. There's nothing better than hanging out with good friends or family and relaxing during the holidays! We miss you guys-

Missi's Mess said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!