Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Life of a Volleyball Player

Kiley has had the opportunity to play Club Volleyball this year and it has been quite an experience. All good of course! MY favorite part has been seeing her tiny little heiney in her loose xxs spandex. She is a little vertically challenged but she makes up for it in spirit. Kiley has had a great time learning the game, making new friends,being a part of a team (the kids got spirit). It has been great as a parent to watch her cheer her team mates on and offer words of encouragement and just have over all good sportmanship! They don't forwarn you of the daunting task of being a volleyball mom. Double practices a week, ALL DAY tournaments all over creation leaving before the crack of dawn, food patrol for the tournaments and thelist goes on, BUT surprisingly I have enjoyed it as mmuch as she has!I am one of those parents who is a big believer in the idea that at this age and this level sports should be fun, and a learning experience (It is NOT the Olympics for Pete's Sake) but I would be lying if I denied getting a little intense watching their matches. I'm sure my blood pressure totally goes up a few points!! A little competition is healthy right, and I have yet to be thrown out for being disorderly! jk
I am thankful she has had this experience and has enjoyed it so much and look forward to many more years of watching my kiddos play sports!








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's seriously such a cutie!! And she doesn't look old enough to play volleyball!!

Hey can you update the RSS feed for my blog so it updates on your sidebar? Just go to my blog and there is a button to get the address. I've lost so many subscribers with the new blog launch and I just noticed you are one of them =)

Carli said...

Its so great you are have having such a great time its such a good bonding experiance!

The Booher's said...

I cannot believe how grown up she is! Volleyball is a lot of work for the parents but it is so fun! I remember those days ( when I was young). FUN!

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!