Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Vegas Baby!!

February 4th 2009

Eric and I have not been to Vegas since I was VERY pregnant with Kiley, so when we were invited to go with our good friends I got pretty excited! A weekend away with my man and NO kids, sign me up!! The Pottles booked us a couple of rooms at The Venetian (very nice),
after checking in we met up with them and headed to a Brazilian restaurant down the strip. It was fantastic and we ate way to much but it's all good cause Im pretty sure we walked it off! Personally not a huge fan of the strip itself, something about drunk, crazy people everywhere just doesn't do anything for me! The next morning the guys headed out early for the WORLD OF CONCRETE. Charlotte and I were sooo disappointed to miss it but unfortunately we had appointments at the Spa that we could not get out of. I can honestly say that I have been ruined for life, there is no going back after being pampered like that. (THANKS a lot Charlotte!!) We had hot rock massages and I was thinking for a while somehow I died and went to heaven at some point laying on that massage table. It was 80 minutes of pure bliss.

Then we had a little bite to eat and it. Charlotte had another service scheduled so I headed in to enjoy the steam room, spa etc and just RELAX! Then we met up again for pedicures. It was tough leaving but we were really getting hungry so in our sexy little foam flip flops, and no make up we walked around the shops at the Venetian found some really yummy food and just enjoyed talking in a state of total relaxation and BLISS. Later on that evening after cleaning up the four of us went to Maggianos and stuffed our faces. The food was so stinking good we didn't even care how many obscene calories we consumed. Then it was off to see Cirque Du Solei's KA. Front row seats, talk about royal treatment. The show was amazing, I don't know what else to even say about it. The acrobatics, the special effects, the costumes and makeup, the music was unlike anything we (Eric and I) had seen. It was an AWESOME day.

Friday after a nice breakfast together, the guys headed back to the World of Concrete for a few hours while Charlotte and I hit the shops. It was so nice to be able to just hang out and talk with no distractions, quality girl talk! That evening we grabbed some dinner and headed over to the Bellagio for another show. After the first Cirque du Solei show, we were even more excited to see O and we were NOT disappointed.
It is definitely my favorite and I cannot wait to bring the kids back to see it, they will flip!! The water effects were phenomenol!The four of us got some Gellato and had a good time chatting and laughing before we headed back to crash. It was such a fun filled weekend and we were so thankful for the opportunity to go with good friends.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I'm not jealous at all... nope, not jealous... just very very happy for you. NOT jealous. Oh, I'm so not jealous, just very happy.

I'm not jealous...

I'm not jealous...

I'm not jealous...

Nilda Noel said...

I saw the one at Treasure Island for a work thing about 5 years ago. It was amazing. I think it would be worth every penny to go back and see one again. Sounds like it was a lot of fun. Like Alison...I'm not jealous either:)

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!