Sunday, May 17, 2009

SURPRISE!!

We haven't done the birthday party thing in a while, so I decided with Kiley turning 12 it would be a good time for a party. She had been asking if she could have one and I told her to make a list of people and ideas and we would discuss it.I have never done a surprise party so I thought I would give it a shot, thankfully she wasn't very persistent. I did up invitations and on a day I knew I was taking her out early I gave them to a friend of hers to pass out. I really had no idea if it could be pulled off, really how well can you trust 20+ 12 year olds to keep a secret and Kiley is WAY to intuitive for her own good!
We had the party at her friend Sophia's who has the perfect back yard for parties. Sophia had asked Kiley if she could come over on that Saturday and hang out for a while and maybe swim. I was trying to make her less suspicious by saying we would have to see, We just got back the night before from Outdoor ED and you may be to tired, it worked like a charm.
Saturday morning we went to the boys games, and I ran and did the last minute stuff to get ready and headed over to help set up and greet the kids. Eric dropped Kiley off at Sophia's and she walked her in to a huge, loud SURPRISE! The look on her face was priceless.

It was a great party! Swimming, playing volleyball, jumping on the tramp and playing games. After most of the kids left a few of them hung out and swam another 2 hours!!
Campbell and Sophia came home with us to stay the night and go to church with us. When we got home I told the girls to shower, I had another surprise! The girls and I went and saw 17 Again. I'm not sure if I was just to over tired or what but I didn't love it all that much and it probably wasn't to appropriate for the girls. They did have fun though and poor Mal crashed out in her seat! What an action packed, fun filled week! Now I need a LOONG nap!

No comments:

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!