Friday, August 14, 2009

2009 Peoria Stake Girls Camp

July 10-14th

I'm not sure where to even start with all my different thoughts on this subject? This was my fourth year as Stake Camp Director and it was very different then my first 3 for many reasons. It was a struggle to get motivated about all the work that was ahead and I had to work a little harder for ideas and inspiration. I was really worried how things would turn out with all the MANY changes that have taken place in our Stake etc. and then at the same time totally comforted, I knew I was doing what I was suppose to and Heavenly Father would have my back!! Regardless of the struggles I have always 100% enjoyed working with and for the girls and other YW leaders in our Stake so it is always WORTH IT!! With the Trek and many other activities that were competeing for our time this year it was easier to simplify and just focus on the important stuff and also I finally did a little better with the delegating!! It is amazing for lack of a better word, the personal growth I have experienced over the past 4 years. I am not the same person I was when I first received this calling. I have learned so much from the girls, other women, my mistakes, my successes, overcoming challenges, from going way out of my comfort zone and so on!!! I am so thankful that each year my testimony and love of my savior grew and continues to grow stronger and stronger.
It was Kiley's first year at camp and I was able to share that with her (sort of). I was so busy with who knows what and she was so busy being a little social butterfly, we barely saw each other. It is a little surreal. My personal memories of camp are so clear, as if they were yesterday so it doesn't seem possible that my first daughter is already here! She loved it and I am so proud of her. She had the best attitude and made sure she had fun no matter who she was with or what she was doing.She made many new friends and hopefully her testimony grew as well. I hope she always cherishes these memories, and I won't be the least bit surprised if she ends up being camp director herself someday!!! I really would have thought that by the time camp was over I would just feel this overwhelming feeling of being done. That was so not the case!! I still love it every bit as much as I did the first year probably even more. Unfortunately it was time to pass the torch. I was released a few weeks after we got back. It was a mix of emotions to say the least. I am thankful and looking forward to the opportunity to serve in my own ward again but am going to miss the blessings of serving as camp director. They aren't getting rid of me that easy though. One way or another I will be back and I will admit when I really think about it the idea of being able to just have fun and enjoy it again is very appealing!! I love, love, love the new camp director that was called she will do an AMAZING job, no doubt about it so that eazes the pain a little! I look forward to many more years at camp and eventually being up there with both our girls. Causing trouble and having a blast!!!

No comments:

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!