Monday, August 24, 2009

For the run of it!!

I had been taught the concept of setting goals as a child but never really GOT it until after Eric and I were married. The man is GOAL oriented and most of the time I really love that about him. I love that our kids are learning it and the importance of always having goals and striving to reach them. I get tickled pink to walk in to our daughters room and see pages of goals and reminders tacked up by her bed! At times it has been so easy for me to set a goal and achieve it and other times not so much but I guess as long as we are always trying it still counts for something!!!
With the kids being back in school, camp being over and me finally feeling more like myself it is time to focus again. I have for sometime wanted to train to run a half marathon or something of the like, and as if to read my mind a friend posted a request for runners for a relay team on her face book. After a couple calls and some research I eagerly agreed to be a member of her team and am sooooo excited to have a goal and a purpose to work toward.
We are going to be running the Ragnar Del Sol Relay, which is a 202 mile race running from Prescott to Mesa. We run as a team each girl running 3 separate legs of the race. It is going to be one LOOOONg, sweaty, exhausting running party!! I will probably be posting updates of my/our progress and FEARS as we go along but I am so looking forward to the process.

11 comments:

russandkatie said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited to have you on my team!!!

Nikki said...

whoa! I can't wait to hear more about how that works! That sounds awesome!

Alison said...

that is awesome! and it even sounds like fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl...you are awesome! I'm glad you are doing this, you'll all do great!

The Booher's said...

Wow! you go girl!

Jen Perkins said...

I've had lots of friends that have done this race and LOVED it! You'll do awesome!

Linda Bennett said...

You are my hero. I ran once for about 3 minutes. I almost died.

Carli said...

You are such a great example for me! Hey maybe if you servive I might be brave enough to try something like that!

nelly said...

That's great!

Nilda Noel said...

I heard that this race is such an amazing experience. You'll do great.

melissa mae said...

I need to do something like this! I love being active but its a lot easier when you have a goal in mind.

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!