Monday, August 10, 2009

4th of July- one of my favorite days of the year!!

Saturday July, 4th

Thank you Missi for getting up so early and getting us a good spot for the parade!! We love going to the parade, for the tradition, the patriotism, being together as a family, wearing red white and blue, throwing POPS, ALL of it!! This is the first year in a while we were there together(siblings). We have usually ended up doing our own thing. The cousins were all so darn cute in their festive red, white, and blue!! As always I would get all choked up any time a group of our Country's Veterans would go by. I made sure everyone around us stood and paid them the respect they have earned and deserve. I am so thankful to live in a country where we have the freedoms we so abundantly enjoy. We have really tried to be more aware and have more gratitude in our hearts for even the little things!! Thank you to all the men and women who contine to serve and sacrafice for each of us!!
It was a good time! A few of us walked around the Freedome Festival until we were to hot and hungry to stand it! The kids and I headed back to Uncle Tadds for a little down time and decided it was a good day to go swimming. So all of them and all of us swam for a couple hours. Then it was time to get ready to go to Missi and Cody's for a BBQ and fireworks!! I love being on their farm despite the SMELL and the FLIES!! I'm really not sure why? Maybe my memories of growing up there, or the freedom of being outside in all that "fresh air"!! Our kids really love it to, all the animals. Especially the baby calfs that slobber ALL over you and this time they had a lamb and a goat! Uncle Cody takes them for tractor rides and lifts the bucket as high as it will go and lets them dive off into the cotton seed! It doesn't get more fun then that!! Our dinner was awesome, Mike ordered like a 6ft sub from Sensuous Sandwhich (one of the best sub places ever!!) and we had all the sides, GOOD stuff!! We got a little rain shower just when we were getting started on fireworks but that didn't stop them!! My brothers, brother in laws and Braydon are like kids in a candy store with lighters and things that blow up and make a lot of noise. They were having a blast with all the fireworks. Not all the kids were big fans but they endured!! We just broke out the glow bracelets and they were happy!! It was a good ending to a great day!! The week flew by way to fast but it was a success in every way. It was the first time in a long while I felt like we were on the mend as a family. Relationships are healing and their is hope for us as a family! We had some good talks and really good memories and I guess if I have to leave, we left on a good note. It was kind of emotional for the first couple hours but I was able to pull it together!! We are very much looking forward to our next visit!!


Braydon skipped the parade to hang out with his older cousins!! I guess he is getting a little old to want to wear matching outfits!!











I fell in love with this cow and her big brown eyes!! If I had somewhere to put her I would have brought her home!! I forgot to mention Keaton watched a calf be born!! I think he thought it was pretty cool, or he might have been traumatized not to sure??



1 comment:

Bret said...

Love all the pics- That week was some seriously good times.

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!