Monday, August 10, 2009

Utah Continued...

Tuesday June, 30th

Today was kind of a free for all day. The girls snuck away again to do some shopping in one of my favorite places, the Park City outlets. We had so much fun just being together, bumming around the shops. The dads and Braydon went to the movies and all the cousins just had fun being together and playing at the cabin!! After we got back to the cabin and made dinner we all just relaxed and played games. The bigh boys had plans to go long boarding down in the canyon and Braydon had VERY much been looking forward to it. When it was almost time to go one of the boys broke the news to him that they were short a board and he was going to have to stay behind. As his mom I was so bummed for him cause he was the one who had kind of set the plan in motion and I knew how much he was looking forward to it, but I was relieved also because I am a mom and I like my kids whole!

The next morning when we met up for breakfast at the blue cabin my dad broke the news, that they had had an accident long boarding. My bother in law PAul had wrecked pretty bad and went face first in to a bolder. He had a couple pretty BIG gashes that required many stitches and shattered hid nose. He had also taken all the skin off a knee almost to the bone. SOOO not good! They had spent the entire night in the ER. That is a real vacaction killer! But again I was thankful Braydon was safe and sound and I think so was he!!

Wednesday July 1st

My parents, sister and I went down to Salem where we grew up to attend the funeral of my great Unlce (who was more like an uncle). I didn't know this before but at the funeral I learned my cousin Mary who is just a year or so younger was the 100th grandchild and got to be named after great grandma Wright!! They were our neighbors growing up and their kids are our ages. He lost his fight to a brain tumor and he will be dearly missed. I was thankful to have been able to be there and see and support them. Following the funeral we all met up at Jumping Jacks and let the kids play for a few hours!! Then we headed over to Mike and Kelliann's for pizza and drove over to check out their new house!! Then back up the canyon to unwind!!

Thursday July, 2nd

We took all the kids to the Kamas Rec center to go swim. I had no idea they would love it so much. We swim all the time at home so I would think it not that much of a novelty. I think we stayed for about 5 hours!!!! It was the perfect activity for the day, about an hour after we got there a huge storm hit and it was pouring outside. We had a picnic lunch on the fllor in the rec center because it was pouring so hard we couldn't go outside!! I absolutely love watching my kids interact with their younger cousins. They adore them and love entertaining, playing and interacting with them. I appreciate what awesome examples they are to all those little kids and get so excited to watch them all grow up together and be such great friends!!!
After the rec cneter we just relaxed at the cabin. At this point everyone is getting a little worn out!! And of course we played more games!!Kiley jumping off the high dive! ( I missed the picture of Keaton jumping off, he totally was doing flips and everything!!)
The most "PRUNEY" kids ever!!!

Friday July, 3rd

Everyone went to Heritage Park in Salt Lake. This is another one of our favorite places to visit in Utah. I keep thinking my kids will get sick of coming here but thankfully they still LOVE it!! It was a perfect day. The sun was shining, it wasn't to hot and it is a beautiful place!! The kids all did great! No whinning or fighting, everyone stayed together. This is the first time we've been here and everything was open! We rode trains and pony's, made crafts, played on the play gorund and just enjoyed being together! After the park the kids and I headed down to Springville to stay at Uncle Tadds. We can't come to Utah without visiting them. Don't tell the rest of my family but those are their favorite cousins!!(Technically they are my cousins and their second cousins but Porter is just a couple yers older then Braydon). It was late when we got there so we visited for a few and then hit the hay. We had an early morning with the fourth of July the next morning!!Kiley Halley and MalerieA whole lot of cousis!!!
I love this picture with the Salt Lake Valley in the background.
This was one of my favorites. All the baby kids (goats) and baby lambs. That is my dream to live on a bunch of land have a huge garden, goats, sheep and what ever other animals tickle my fancy!!

1 comment:

Linda Bennett said...

Fun times! I'm pretty sure Keaton is the cutest kid ever!!

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!