Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bringing home the bacon..

K its' official I start back to work in 2 weeks!

I had been giving A LOT of thought to what I might want to do with all my "free time" (ha!!!) after the kids started back to school. With all four of them in school all day I knew I wanted to do something but wasn't sure what that was. I loved working as a nurse, no question but wasn't 100% sure that's what I wanted. I kept an open mind and prayed about. More time passed with no ideas. When Kiley's appendix ruptured and she was hospitalized on the floor I had worked on and had a lot of the nurses that I had worked with (who are excellent nurses) it made me realize how much I had really missed it. They were all so kind and said repeatedly we would love to have you back anytime . I gave it some more thought and Eric and I discussed it quite a few times. I still hadn't really acted on it yet. I then got a call from one of my old bosses basically saying I could have a job if I wanted it and her timing was perfect. With the current state of our economy and the uncertainty of what the future may hold it made perfect sense to take this job and help relieve some of that anxiety.
It has been kind of a slow process but I finished my new employee stuff yesterday and have orientation in a couple of weeks and I am really excited (and a little nervous). I love people and nursing (especially in peds) is a very gratifying way of serving people. I am thankful for the flexibility it offers and I am thankful for a loving and supportive family.

3 comments:

Carli said...

That is so awsome I hope you have a good time and don't be nervouse you will do great!I don't think I have ever told you and Im sure you probly already know this but I really look up to you and always have!

Team Seguritan said...

Good for you! I don't know what I'll do when all the kids are in school. It seems like that day is far off, but I know it'll be here before I know it. How wonderful that you have that talent as a nurse. I want you to be my nurse :)

KT

Michelle said...

I'll be they want you back, who wouldn't! You will be a fantastic nurse Elisha!! I'm so excited for you to do what you love and enjoy and what a good feeling to know that it will be a benefit to your family.

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!