Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thats Our Girl!!!!


Of course being the children of a father who hunts (understatement) it gets in their blood if even if they don't want it to be!!
After Kiley turned 10 Eric signed her up for hunters ed, which she did without complaining!
Well we all know what comes after that, You start getting put in for the draw!
Kiley got drawn for cow elk up by G&G Perkins in Pine Dale, and also for deer in the Kaibab.
She and her dad had many a conversations about her shooting an elk and it kind of became a rivalry between them. Him teasing her about it and her refusing to do it!! The closer the hunt got the more Kiley started to relent (deep down I know she was really looking forward to it but she wasn't going to give dad the satisfaction of knowing that!)
Eric went out of his way to make sure this would be a fun and memorable experience for her, Kiley invited her good friend Taylor to come along, as well as her brother. I got a call about 5 pm on Friday evening "Mom I just shot my elk!!! You were right it is such an adrenaline rush!!)
Eric said it was a perfect lung shot! I think he was almost as proud as the day she was born?
According to Eric she said afterward ok I shot it now I'm done. Saturday her and Taylor hung with Grandpa P, they taught Taylor to drive the small tractor, went to Uncle Allen's and fed the goats, pigs and bunnies, and picked all the corn out of the big cornfield. Eric and Braydon went with some friends to help them find an elk.
That evening all of them processed her elk and as you can see from the evidence she did help!
I hope she wants to do it again, I thinks its a pretty cool accomplishment for an 11 year old girl!
Thanks for the meat!! ( I was really putting the pressure on her to fill up my freezer)





4 comments:

Naughty Newbee's said...

That is so GREAT! No way in a million years my girls would be thinking of doing something like this. What a neat experiance to be able to do something like this. Way to go Kiley!!

corbin6 said...

Go girl Go! You rock Kiley! Not just for killing it but for the messy processing to! You're Awesome:) Congrads!

Missi's Mess said...

Kiley are the coolest. Congrats on you elk it looks like you hadd fun. Save me some meat I'll trade you some cow for some elk.

Michelle said...

Way to go Kiley! That just goes to show what an awesome girl you are, not afraid to try new things. Taylor has a blast with you and loved Grandma and Grandpa Perkins place.

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!