Thursday, October 23, 2008

Conference Camping

So I have been slacking a little keeping up on my posts!

Our semi annual camping trip was everything it should be and more this time. I'm not sure if the prospect of maybe not being able to go made us not take it for granted, or the time out from daily life and the challenges we've been facing, but we were so thrilled to be in the mountains with our closest friends (family) listening to the words of our beloved prophet, and other leaders, enjoying the cooler weather, GREAT food, and most of all each others company. When I think about how blessed we are to be able to have this tradition I get choked up. Our kids have it so dang good I really hope they get that! We were so fortunate to ALL be able to travel in safety (NO flat tires or anything), the weather was awesome even despite getting dumped on, on Saturday (NOT a fan of the mud!!) The kids all get along (for the most part) and have a great time playing together, the boys enjoyed shooting 22's and driving Rhinos the girls hiked to the "bed and breakfast" a few times, Michelle brought clipboards for the girls to decorate and they really enjoyed it! One of my personal favorites when we all camp together is sitting around the fire, talking, laughing, RELAXING, and when we do our big dinner on Saturday you can always find most of the guys circled around the cooking source (grill box, spit, whatever?) it just makes me laugh!
Conference was awesome!! I was especially touched by Elder Holland's talk on Angels among us
and Elder Wirthlin's "Come what may and Love it". Almost all of them were words of comfort, and encouragement, I think we all felt recharged by the end of the weekend! I was impressed by how many of the kids actively listened and took notes. We are already looking forward to next time and Novembers Ensign.









2 comments:

Linda Bennett said...

That looks like so much fun! I didn't realize there were so many of you.

Naughty Newbee's said...

Really looks like you guys had a fun time!! Wish we could have been there. Maybe next year??

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!