Tuesday, October 14, 2008

O.G.T.

If I could survive on reading entertaining and uplifting books rather than food I would do it in a heart beat!! The latest book I devoured is called
Recovering Charles
by Jason F Wright
It was such an inspiring book with a great message of second chances. In the book the main character refers to his youth frequently. In his home they had their O.G.T.= One good thing. His parents would ask what was your one good thing today? I love this concept, we ask our kids daily on the way home from school or at the dinner table "how was your day" and we get the most basic and generic answer most of the time. What a clever way of making them really think and consider the positives in their lives and of giving thanks and looking on the bright side if you had a horrible day! So we may just have to have random O.G.T. posts. Mine today was just being outside on such a gorgeous day and enjoying the cooler weather. It makes me happy!!

Back to the books. I have been plugging this book (Mending Broken Things) for weeks so if I have already been on my soap box to you about it then forgive me. I think this will be an all time favorite because of the messages it holds and the hope and faith it brings into your life by reading it!! I had originally bought it with the intentions of giving it to someone I really thought could benefit from it's message but thought I should read it myself real quick before I passed it on just to make sure. Little did I know how much I would benefit from it's messages. I have now marked it all up and have read and reread several parts to make sure it all sinks in!! So needless to say I will have to purchase a new one. If you get a chance READ IT!!!!!




4 comments:

Jason Wright said...

So thrilled you enjoyed it! Hope you find lots of OGT's in the years ahead :)

Michelle said...

Sounds like two really great books. I wish I had more time to read. When I do, it's where I get my strength and motivations to keep going and strive to be a better person. Just keep the good book reviews commin.

corbin6 said...

hey. I didnt know about the OGT's. We started doing this about seven months ago.(we totally stole the idea from Donnna and Danny) but, it is so much fun! The kids are so funny with what they come up with. Even if they have a bad day they always come up with something clever! Yesterday mine would be your dip. yep. thats right. food is allowed to be a favorite thing of the day!

Anonymous said...

I loved Recovering Charles and I cannot wait to read Broken Things to Mend! I love Jeffrey Holland!! I work with Jason, the author of Recovering Charles, and thought you’d like knowing he has a new contest on his web site where you can win a free trip-for-two to his hometown in VA, the Shenandoah Valley. All you have to do is mail him a Christmas card! All the details are here:

http://www.jasonfwright.com/triptosvalley.php

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!