Monday, November 24, 2008

Soccer Junky

Keaton just played his last soccer game on Saturday. The season wasn't very long but it flew by!! None of our kids have enjoyed playing sports as much as this little guy! He really thinks he is a pro player already or he is trying to learn as fast as possible to be one!! Every game he would entertain us with some knew move he was trying out, side tackles were my favorite!! He was on the ground almost as much as he wasn't. And boy can that kid run, he loves to run!! He had a great coach (Malerie's teacher and her husband) and a bunch of really good kids on his team. To make it even more fun, quite a few of his friends from school were on opposing teams. They would get so excited when they were playing each other. At this age level it is refreshing that the kids just play for the enjoyment of it, there is a little competition but it is a healthy dose. I was thankful for coaches that shared the philosophy that it is about having fun and playing together, not just winning! Normally I am excited for it to be over but in this case I am sad it was a good time!!
I look forward to many more years watching him perfect his skills and ENJOY playing sports!



2 comments:

Linda Bennett said...

Hey Keaton~ you should have invited me to one of your games! I would have come to watch you play. I'll bet you're the best player on the team, right?

Linda Bennett said...

Hey Keaton~ you should have invited me to one of your games! I would have come to watch you play. I'll bet you're the best player on the team, right?

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!