Friday, August 15, 2008

Annual Utah Trip

Saturday June 28th, 2008

We have taken a family trip to Utah almost every year in the past 7. We weren't able to make it last year and weren't planning to go this year in lieu of everything that we had planned!
When we picked the kids up from Eric's parents after our cruise late Saturday night the first question out of their mouths was "are we going to Utah?" We told them no, which in turn resulted in a chorus of moans, groans and but last summer you promised we could go because we didn't go last year! Dang those kids and their good memories! After much debate we decided to go ahead and make the trip! I had been feeling really anxious to see my grandma and the kids truly were getting the short end of the stick this summer. So here I am again with less than a week to unpack and unwind from our cruise, switch gears and repack to go to Utah for a week and a half. NO PROBLEM!!!

I packed and loaded up our little Nissan and the kids and I headed out early Saturday morning.
We had a very safe, non eventful drive to Utah thankfully and I am truly grateful for 4 kiddos who are good travelers. I barely knew they were in the car and I am pretty sure Keaton and Malerie slept half the trip!!
We stayed at great grandma Wright's cabin in Midway Utah from Saturday to Tuesday. We love it there, its like a little piece of heaven. The kids love their big rope swing and being able to be outside all day and play without roasting to death. For mom it is quiet and peaceful and absolutely picturesque! We thoroughly enjoyed getting to stay with and visit great grandma and grandpa! We did some of our usual activities, a shopping trip to the Park City Outlets, our annual BBQ picnic and fishing at Vivian Park with the Corbin's and Rowe's (man I wish we had mountains and parks like that in Arizona!!!) We had a traditional Wright's Sunday dinner at Aunt Colleen's house and got to visit with cousins we don't see very often. It was an unexpected treat to have my Aunt Joanie and most of her family in town from Montana. Even though my cousins are quite a bit older than my kids, my kids adore them and have fun hanging out!!
Kiley flyin high on the rope swing!!

Fishing at Vivian Park
Wednesday evening we headed down to stay in Provo for all the 4th of July festivities! That evening we met up with my sister Missi and her 4 kiddos and my brother Mike and his wife Kelliann and their 2 kiddos. We went to the Spanish Fork reservoir to swim and play. I have to admit I didn't know this place even existed and I was a little leery from the description I got but we had such a good time. Mike brought a canoe and made who knows how many trips across the pond giving all the kids rides. They played on the beach area with shovels and pails and just had a good time playing with all their cousins.

Cousins at the Spanish Fork Reservoir
Camery!!


looking good Kiley!!!

Halley and Jace

Abigail and Kiley

SHH don't tell anyone but Bryce is the kids favorite cousin!!!
Dyson, Keaton, and Jace
It doesn't get cuter than this!!
Kiley, Malerie, Halley, Brookley, Kenlee, and Abigail
I Love these guys!!!!!

3 comments:

Team Seguritan said...

hey, I just saw a link to your blog through someone else and thought I'd check it out. And as usual, you guys look awesome.

KT

Mollie said...

Your blog totally beats mine. This is REALLY cute. Eric and Charlotte tried to show us some Alaska pics and they wouldn't come up- this trip had to be amazing. Well, your family is beautiful, and I am putting your blog on my blog so my mom can see. Hurry and update it so I can see more (Jared didn't get to see all of Eric's hunt, so he's pretty exited about that)!

Andre, Melissa and Jolie said...

You are getting caught up! Your Utah trip looks like so much fun, and that is such a cute picture of you and your kids! I know that Eric missed you guys! He told us that the first day as a "bachelor" is fun, but everyday after that is just boring and lonely!

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!