Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!

August 11, 1008

Back to school!!! Oh ya baby!

It's always nice when the kids are as excited as the mom! It is just time to get back in a routine. Keaton has been waiting for the first day of kindergarten for a long time!! Sunday you would have thought it was Christmas... every 10 minutes or so it was " I wish it was already tomorrow" or " I wish today was school" ! Love that.
The older kids were almost as anxious, Monday morning there was a round of alarms sounding off from their rooms, 6 am!!!! By 7 they had eaten, had breakfast and packed their own lunches, woohoo!!!! I came down to make Keaton's first lunch and they had already done it. So here's to looking forward to another good year. We love their amazing teachers and I just want to give them a shout out and tell them how much we love, appreciate, and respect all that they do!!!Braydon is in 8th grade this year (heaven help me!!)
He really has a good group of teachers and I think that makes all the difference.
oh and apparently it is not ok to smile any more??
Kiley is in 6th grade this year and loves school! Everything about it. Thank goodness!!
She loves to learn and is very social, she makes friends every where she goes!

Malerie is in 4th and has a darling teacher. She is a hard worker and keeps at it even though she struggles a little. She to loves her friends and is happy to be reunited with them again!
Bring on the drama!
My baby, Keaton started Kindergarten ! ( I'm still a little shocked!)
He loves life, loves learning, loves making friends, and is excited about P.E.!!
I'm not going to lie it bums me out a little that this picture didn't totally turn out (sorry Mal).
I was hurrying so they wouldn't be embarrassed I was taking their picture as kids were walking past. I may have to do a quick retake???





3 comments:

Michelle said...

Dang, what a good lookin bunch of kids!!I just want to take that little Keatons face in my hands and kiss it, he's too cute, (sorry Braden, you're cute too, but I'll spare you the embarrassment) Malerie and Kiley, you look beatiful your first day and way to go helping your mom with the breakfast and lunches! I'm sure it will be a good year for all, good teachers make all the difference. With the kids gone now Elisha, you know what that means, Monday, my house, you bring the bon bons, I'll have the masseuse ready!

becki said...

I agree, exceptionally GREAT looking kids. It just amazes me how mature they are getting. I remember when all of them were in diapers. Ahh life goes too fast!

Carli said...

They all look impecable as always! Good luck this year guyz! (I can't beleive Brayd is in 8th grade aaahhhh!)

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!