Sunday, August 24, 2008

Date Night at Lake Pleasant

August 22, 2008

Eric and I had plans to go up North for the night but it fell through, so it was perfect when we were invited to go to the lake with 3 other couples (which ended up being 2, we missed you Stubbs!) to have dinner and play on the water!
It has been a WHILE since either of us has been on the lake so we were really looking forward to it!!

We met at the Atkinson's loaded up the boat and headed to the lake. The water was perfect and so was the weather it felt so nice being on the water. We started off tubing which is kind of funny to me for some reason. I felt like a little kid! Eric jumped on first, we whipped him around a bit and then being a show off he stood up and stayed up for a good minute before wiping out!! Brent was next and we got a couple good laughs at his expense!! (thanks Brent).
Chalee and I jumped on together and I think they were having a good time trying to throw us off! They managed to lose Chalee but it was probably more due to the fact that my legs had a death grip on the edge of the tube and I was big time hogging the tube, sorry!

Chalee, Eric and Mitch did some skiing. I have to admit I was impressed how easily Eric got up out of the water and how comfortable he was skiing considering it's been about 6 years since he last did it.

We parked the boat in a cove and enjoyed a really nice dinner while the sun was setting. It was perfect, good food, good company, gorgeous scenery. We kind of cruised for a while, drove up the river and parked again swam a little and were just down right goofy!! We laughed so hard at our crazy husbands, they are truly nuts and thats why we love them. It was sad to have it come to an end but I really didn't want to sleep at the lake so till next time.....

(what happens at the lake stays at the lake!!!)

I'm sorry babe, but this picture is so you and it makes me laugh out loud!!
Show off!!!


Holdin on for dear life!!
Wipe out!! (Mitch dumped me off the tube just to be fair!!)
Lookin good!
This was a pretty good wipe out..
Nice foot work Mitch!!

Mcleods
Atkinsons
Perkins

4 comments:

sweetsistahsarah said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!!
How are you girlfriend? Havent' talked to you in forever. PM me sometime, lets catch up. ;)

becki said...

Hahaha I'm using first picture of eric on the tube as my wallpaper, Thanks!

Michelle said...

I laughed so hard that night, we had such a blast with you guys!!Eric's skills were quit impressive, you too, staying on the tube!

Naughty Newbee's said...

Hey there Alicia! This is Kara Newbern, Ron's little sister. I am sure you remember me. I was reading the McLeod's blog and saw a picture of you and Eric and I thought....hey I know them! It was just crazy to see how many people we know BLOG! Loved the lake pictures I had a good laugh. Also, that is so awesome about Russ, finally uh! :) Anyway, my blog is private because I had some weirdo leave me a message on mine but if you want to be invited just send me your email address and I would LOVE to add you guys..hope you are all doing well. Also, I cannot believe how big your kids are getting. Way cute family.:) Take care, Kara jk7390newbern@cox.net

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!