Monday, August 11, 2008

Are we havin fun yet??

May 28th

So we survived camp, I drove home by myself Wednesday (probably) not the smartest thing considering how tired I was and actually not all by myself I had 3 little white mice running a muck in my car keeping me wide awake (another story)!!! I stopped in Mesa to pick up Kiley from my sisters and headed home. Malerie was dropped off by a friend so the 3 of us unloaded my car caught one of the 3 mice and headed to pick up Keaton! After getting home I was EXHAUSTED, I showered and put a few things away and I was done, couldn't function any more! About at this point Kiley started complaining of horrible stomach pain, GREAT!! We laid down and took a little nap. When we got up she was even worse. At about 7 pm I was pretty convinced she had appendicitis so her and I headed to the urgent care (who knew they closed at 5?? what the heck)
so we went by our Uncles house who is a doctor who thought is was most likely just the stomach flu. Music to my ears so we went home, she threw up all night so it made perfect sense that is was just the flu!! About 5 am she came in and was in so much pain so I jumped out of bed threw some clothes on and after Eric gave her a blessing we headed to the ER. They hooked her right up with IV fluids, pain and nausea medicine thank goodness. After her Cat scan they were positive it was her appendix and it needed to come out! Her surgery was scheduled for 4, and then suddenly she had a raging fever and they were taking her straight up. After an hour long surgery she was done and the surgeon (who was fantastic!) said it had ruptured and we get an extended stay for IV antibiotics!! Good times! Poor Kiley was so sick and miserable, its not like her not to smile and be pleasant.
Friday she had to go back under anesthesia and have a PICC line placed to get her 3 antibiotics through.
We got to go home after 6 days, yah and boy were we ready to get out! The nurses and everybody were amazing but sleeping on a couch, being woken up all hours of the night, and hospital food ughhh were for the birds!!

Not exactly the way we planned to start our summer vacation, but we were so happy that she waited till we got home and we are SOOO blessed to have so many supportive friends and family members who jumped right in with meals, cleaning our house, watching kids, visits and goodies. We can't thank you all enough!!






LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!