Sunday, August 24, 2008

Glutten For Punishment!!!

August 21, 2008
Ya so I have a big "SUCKER " sign on my forehead, it's mostly invisible to the naked eye but the kids know it's there and they know how to work it to their advantage!!!

Thursday was the first early release day for the kids. But it's only the second week of school you say? Yes I have no idea why the school insists on torturing us parents like this!! We haven't fully adjusted to them being back yet!
Any way I walked up to the school to pick them up at 11 am only 3 hours after getting them out the door, and came home with 11 kids!!!! My four, Kiley had 2 friends, Malerie had 2 friends, and 3 other cute little girls (I was watching for a couple friends). Good times!!
I grabbed Little Caesar Pizzas cause honestly it's the cheapest, fastest way to feed 11 kids. After we had all filled up we went swimming, I was a little nervous being the only adult with that many kids but this is the proud mom moment!

The older kids were all great swimmers and all of them were playing together nicely in the pool, but the 2 younger girls I was watching (both 5 year olds in Keaton's class) were not quite as confident. My 13 year old son without being asked took one under his wing carrying her around the pool, playing with her, helping her play whatever the big kids were playing without being asked. It was so dang cute to watch and she just adored him.The other kids were so helpful and sweet to the other younger kids. After a while Kiley would take over or even one of the other girls. These kind of moments are somewhat rare and it really made my whole day to know what nice kiddos we have!! All in all it was really quite a chill afternoon and they all had fun and were safe!!





1 comment:

Michelle said...

You either like to punish yourself or you're the best mom in the world!! I think it's the second choice.....looks like the kids had fun!

LIFE IS SHORT, BREAK THE RULES, FORGIVE QUICKLY,
KISS SLOWLY, LOVE TRULY, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY,

AND NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!